The Wildlife Trusts’ Every Child Wild CampaignNovember 18, 2015 • Get Outdoors
As advocates of getting kids outdoors & engaging with nature we are supporters of The Wildlife Trusts #EveryChildWild Campaign! Read on to see how you can support their campaign and reconnect children with nature here!
In a bid to ensure every child in the UK has an opportunity to enjoy regular contact with nature, over the next year The Wildlife Trusts are inviting individuals, parents, teachers, schools and organisations to share their ideas on what needs to happen to put the wild back into childhood and make ‘every child wild’ as part of a new initiative called Every Child Wild. It offers top practical tips for successful family adventures, inspiration from young people with a passion for nature and much more, including:
- A new Every Wild Child report, with insights gathered from a poll asking parents and children about wild experiences during childhood
- The Art of Getting Children outdoors: A Practical Guide to Family Adventures, offering practical ideas for parents to inspire children to get outdoors, by Jen and Sim Benson from A Wild Year.
- Listen to a podcast with five young people, aged 10-16, discussing what it’s like growing up with a passion for nature here!
- Daily blogs on The Wildlife Trusts’ website throughout November from well-known wildlife champions, children, parents, teachers and others on ideas for reconnecting children and nature.
- Short surveys for teachers and parents (and anyone else) to share ideas for reconnecting children!
For a huge variety of kids wellies, boys and girls raincoats and waterproof All-in-Ones to get kids outdoors see