Simple Mother’s Day crafts for children – fabulous ideas from Baker Ross!March 8, 2018 • Get Outdoors
As Mother’s Day is right around the corner, we asked our friends from Baker Ross to share a few lovely and easy craft ideas with us.
Baker Ross is one of the UK’s biggest suppliers of children’s arts and crafts, offering a fantastic selection of products. Head to their website to discover their amazing range of crafts materials, party bag fillers and educational items and enjoy a 20% discount with the code MUDDY20!
These brilliant little gifts are simple to make and don’t require a lot of materials. Get your little ones involved in preparing these brilliant thoughtful gifts and spend a wonderful crafty day together! Check out Baker Ross Creative Station for more creative inspirations!
This lovely keyring is easy to make in only 45 minutes and is great for beginners. There’s nothing better than a personalised, handmade gift crafted by your little artists!
You will need:
– Some white air-drying clay
– A few split metal rings
– Acrylic paint – 2 colours of your choice, e.g. light pink and red
– A few ribbons
– A rolling pin
– A paintbrush
How to Make:
- Take a small section of air dry clay and roll it out flat until it is approximately 1cm thick.
- Mould the clay into a heart shape. Then push the end of your paintbrush through the top of the heart to make the hole for the ribbon.
- Create a heart shape with your fingerprints in the centre of the heart (see the image). Leave the clay to dry.
- Paint the whole heart apart from the fingerprints with some light pink acrylic paint
- Dip your finger in some red paint and push into your fingerprints in the clay
- Leave the paint to dry
- Thread some ribbon through the hole and tie to a split metal ring
MUM Canvas Prints
Three cute canvases spelling out “Mum” will look gorgeous on your wall!
You will need:
– 3 mini painting canvases
– Sponge paint dabbers
– Masking tape
– Acrylic paint, e.g. pink, light pink, purple, lilac
How to Make:
- Cut out four strips of masking tape and stick them onto the first canvas to create the letter “M”
- Repeat this on the other two canvases with the letters “U” and “M”
- Dip the sponge dabber into some pink paint and dab on the canvas in random places to create pink circles
- Mix up some lighter pink paint and repeat step 3. Then repeat again with purple and lilac until the whole canvas is covered
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 on the other two canvases and leave them to dry
- Peel back the tape to reveal the letters. Make sure the paint is dry before peeling back the tape
We would love to see your craft ideas for the upcoming Mother’s Day (or any other occasion)!