Simple Father’s Day Crafts For ChildrenMay 31, 2019 • Get Outdoors
As Father’s Day is fast approaching, we’ve rounded up a few simple and fun Father’s Day crafts for your children to create.
Make his day special this year by encouraging your children to make something themselves. Plus, it’s a great excuse to head outdoors and gather some nature supplies. Here are our top Father’s Day crafts to make this year.
1) Nature photo frame
Make a super easy DIY photo frame for your father. It will be perfect to keep those favourite family photos all together. To begin with, get outside and collect lots of nature items.
- A few pebbles
- Small twigs
- Flowers, grass
- Strong glue or glue gun
- Picture frame
- Simply glue all the nature items onto the edge of the frame. If your children are too small, you can help them with this step
- Let the glue dry and pop in your favourite family photo
2) Father’s Day handprint tree
This is the perfect gift for all the outdoorsy fathers out there. Super easy to make and will look great on the wall.
- Green paint + other colours if you feel like making a more colourful tree
- Sheets of white and brown card
- Foam paint brush
- Flowers, leaves or other nature items to decorate your tree (optional)
- Black sharpie
- Cut out the tree trunk from your brown card and glue it onto the white sheet. Let the glue dry. Alternatively, you can paint the tree using brown paint.
- Paint your child’s hand with the green paint
- Place their hand over the top of the tree and stamp it all over to make the “leaves”. You can use other paints to make your tree more colourful. Let the paint dry
- You can now glue your nature items onto the tree to make it look even better e.g. by mixing your handprint leaves with the real ones
- When your tree is ready, write “Happy Father’s Day!” or any message you like with a black sharpie.
3) DIY paperweight
Another easy Father’s Day craft that will make a handy Father’s Day gift. You will only need a few materials and a couple of minutes to create a brilliant personalised paperweight
- A small rock (or a few if you want to make more paperweights)
- Acrylic paints
- Black permanent marker
- Paint brush
- Stickers, wiggly eyes, glitter (optional)
- Paint your rock with any colours you like and let it dry
- You can decorate the rock with stickers, wiggly eyes, glitter or other materials to make it look even nicer
- Write a special Father’s Day message to your father using a black marker
If you have any other Father’s Day craft ideas, leave us a comment below.