Roasted Nectarine Delight RecipeJune 30, 2020 • Cooking & Craft
Cooking them Healthy share their Roasted Nectarine Recipe. Ideal as a summer treat with nectarines being beautifully ripe at the moment, see their easy recipe to a delicious healthy treat for your little ones here.
Nectarines are one of our favourite summer fruits, and this makes a delicious gluten-free alternative to heavier traditional crumbles. Nectarines are rich in immune-boosting nutrients Vitamin C and beta carotene (which is converted to Vitamin A by the body), as well as antioxidants such as lutein which is important for healthy eyes. This is delicious as a light pudding and even works as a breakfast.
- 2 ripe nectarines
- Crumble topping
- 40g ground almonds
- 20g light brown muscovado sugar
- 30g butter
- 25g oats (gluten-free, if not tolerated
- 10g hazelnuts, crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Halve or quarter the nectarines, remove the stones, and place in an ovenproof dish.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground almonds and grated cold butter (I just grate as it saves time and makes the butter nice and small to start with).
4. Using your fingers, massage the two ingredients together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
5. Add the sugar, oats and crushed hazelnuts and stir to combine.
6. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the nectarines and place in the oven for 20 minutes until the nectarines are lovely and soft and the crumble crunchy.
7. It’s as simple as that! Serve with natural or greek yoghurt and a drizzle of honey.
This recipe can also be made using peaches for the same delicious result!