Learn to kick like a rugby pro with ScrumysSeptember 23, 2015 • Sports and activities
Read the simple art of kicking a rugby ball like a pro with Scrumys here!
- Stand behind the ball. take 2 steps back and one to the side.
- Bend your knees and wiggle your bottom.
- Next run up and take your kick.
- Put your standing leg to the side of the ball, and kick trough with your other leg.
Learn to try score
- If your near a pitch with lines, take 20 steps back from a chosen line. If your in your garden, stand as far back from on end of the grass to the next as you can. If your indoors in a sports hall or large room, stand as far away from on end to the other as you can.
- Hold the ball with two hands
- Now run towards the line or the other end of the grass or the sports hall. Unlike this lot, don’t forget the rugby ball!
- When you reach that point, quickly place the ball on the ground without letting go with either hand.
- Note: If you let go it means you have dropped it and it’s a forfeit!
- Next, pick up the ball with two hands again and run back to your starting point as fast as you can.
Well done, you just completed your first try score!
Send us in your photos of your kid doing his best rugby kick for your chance to win a Scrumys training place!
See how to pass and kick with Scrumys here!