Easter Egg Chocolate Cake From Cooking Them HealthyMarch 31, 2021 • Recipes
If you’re looking for the perfect Easter treat, try this delicious Easter Egg Chocolate Cake from Cooking Them Healthy!
This cake is a great way to use up all that leftover chocolate after the Easter celebrations. It has a chewy and delicious texture, almost brownie like and is made with coconut flour and coconut oil so is gloriously gluten free and dairy free (you would obviously need to check the chocolate you are using).
Prep time: Cook time: Total time:
- 100g coconut flour
- 2¼ tsp baking powder
- 250g left over chocolate (we used everything from white, milk and dark)
- 20g cocoa powder
- 110g coconut oil melted
- 3 eggs
- 100g coconut sugar
- drizzle of melted chocolate for decoration
- Line and grease a 20cm springform tin and pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan assisted).
- Mix the coconut flour and baking powder together.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a bowl sitting over a pan of simmering water. Then mix in the cocoa powder.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together.
- Mix the cooled melted chocolate into the beaten egg & sugar mixture then gently fold in the coconut flour until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and place in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 160 for a further 10 minutes.
- It should form a lovely dark crust and when inserted with a skewer it should come out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before releasing and cooling completely.
- Drizzle with a little melted chocolate and serve with cream, Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt. Enjoy!