Activities to get out and about in the parkAugust 27, 2015 • Sports and activities
Our Muddy Mum Tina from Trials Tribulations of a Brummie Mummy has created this guest piece about getting out and enjoying fun activities in your local park!
The park can be a great way to spend the day. I know my two can get very bored after an hour or two on the play equipment, and if yours are anything like mine, you will be looking for an activity to keep them active! Here are some top activities to do while you are out and about.
Make a kite or parachute out of an old carrier bag. The park is a great space for doing this, especially when it’s very windy as they can fly for ages!
What you will need:
- A plastic bag
- A small object, a toy solider I’d perfect or mini figure.
1. Cut out a large rectangle from your plastic bag.
2. Trim the edges so it looks like an octagon
3. Cut a small whole near the edge of each side.
4. Attach 8 pieces of string of the same length to each of the holes.
5. Tie the pieces of string to the object you are using as a weight.
A Park Fact Sheet:
A great way to get children to notice their surroundings is to make them aware of them. This being a perfect activity for older children, all you need is a fact sheet, pencil and a clipboard. You can create any questions you’d like, for example see below:
- Find something yellow
- Find a circle shape
- What pictures are the clouds making today
- How many animals did you see today?
Frisbee, bats and balls are always great additions to the park and getting children active. Frisbee’s are pretty cheap and you can pick them up from the pound shop any time of the year! Of course, if you are going to be outside, I would suggest grabbing a pair of kids waterproof trousers! You never know when it will decide to pour down with rain in England!
For other family ideas for days out see our Muddy Events Calendar here.